August was an exciting month. Lee and I had a lot going on!!
Kc, my brother, came to visit us before he heads off for his mission in September. I really can't believe that he is 18! The last I knew, he was watching Home Alone with me and crying at the sad story of Fox and the Hound (when Todd has to leave his mom and go back to the woods). Kc is a great prankster partner and we had a lot of fun pulling pranks together. I am not sure if I am the mastermind of pranks, but I recall pranking people with various friends and siblings of mine. Maybe it was just "the thing to do." :) Anyway, my favorite trick that we pulled was calling my sister from a website with recordings of a person calling another. You can call anyone from this website and then the recording will automatically play when they pick up the call. This recording was accusing her of ordering inappropriate dvd's and was asking her for the money. I felt terrible pulling this on my own sister! The website records the whole call so that you can listen to it later. KC and I fell over from laughing so hard at our sister's response! Then I called her to make sure that she wouldn't be worrying over it later on. Kc and I also loved making our grandma's cat go crazy by shining a laser into her house and watching it run all over the place. I am sure going to miss this brother of mine. I will post a couple of pictures of him here in Indiana. While KC was here, we also took a trip to see our grandpa's brother, Jerry, in Ohio. And while there, we couldn't resist an amusement park with roller coasters that are 420 ft. tall. It was a blast and we wore ourselves out. Lee and I felt like old people when we came home... it took a long time to recover. I don't remember amusement parks having that affect 5 years ago!
Lee's brother also came to visit for one week before his college
classes started again. We had a lot of fun running around to different
art museums and to an outdoor modern art park/100 acres of land to
explore. Some of the art consisted of arrows with a description pointing
to different paths or things in the surrounding nature. I loved the
arrows that pointed to a little tree, and the arrow would say, "little
trees." I joked around with Erik and told him that I think I could help
create that art, but that's about it!!
Lastly, I went
with some friends to Nauvoo, IL, to attend a sealing of a family in our
ward. I loved being able to go on a wagon ride and hear the stories
about the city and about all of the people who sacrificed to keep the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints alive. The Gospel taught and
the scriptures are true! I am grateful to have them for me as an anchor
in my own life. We took many pictures of this trip and loved our time
with each other. Lee couldn't come because he was working that day, but I
got a lot of pictures for him.
Enjoy the pictures!
 |
| They have fun art outside here |
 |
| Erik, the flamingo, and Lee, the karate man |
 |
| Loved these captions! |
 |
| Good resting bench along the way |
 |
| This news is really upsetting Lee! |
 |
| Loved the blown glass! |
 |
| Uncle Jerry Roose with us! He made us a delicious meal and we loved visiting with him. |
 |
| Cedar Point is one FUN amusement park. |
No comments:
Post a Comment