Saturday, September 21, 2013

Trip to Utah

I was so blessed to travel back to Utah to be with my family and brother, before he left for a mission as an LDS missionary for the next two years.  He will be serving in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We also visited Lee's family. I appreciated the time I got with each of our family members! It was needed!! My family took time to go on a little hike. It was perfect weather as it has cooled down in Utah a little bit. We hiked in Bell Canyon to a reservoir at the top. The view of the city was breath taking and it felt so nice to be in the mountains again. That is something the state of Indiana doesn't have, just in case any of you were wondering. :) We went hiking last Friday and we were dodging the rain the whole time. It worked out well because Bell Canyon is just off of Wasatch Blvd, so we hiked there while it stormed out west. The storm passed over us and we never felt a drop of rain. I was grateful because it was on my list of "must do's" in Utah while we were there.

We also had a great time the morning we took KC to the MTC. We ate breakfast at Jim's Family Restaurant. I have not eaten a big breakfast like that in a long time. I was really loving the hash browns and french toast. So yummy! My whole family was able to be there, including my sister from Michigan, and my grandma and grandpa Roose. We were all quite emotional and said our good bye's while at the restaurant and at the Provo Temple. We gave lots of hugs and took pictures. I know that KC will be a great instrument in the hands of the Lord of bringing many souls to Christ. I know that our Savior did Atone for each of our pains and sins. I have felt pain, but nothing in comparison to the pain He suffered for me and for each person on earth. I know that the fulness of the Gospel is restored in its full form. I know that we have a living Prophet. The Lord has always provided his people with a prophet to lead and guide. My testimony is in this, and not necessarily in its members. There will always be people who offend. There will always be people who make mistakes, mostly because they lack knowledge or understanding in some area. I hold my testimony in the Prophet and Apostles, in my family, in my Heavenly Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ. I have learned that when it is grounded in something else or in someone else, it is shaky.

Pictures of taking KC to the MTC, and of the hike in Bell Canyon:

They are cheering for three different football teams. Dad and Lee are rivals for sure! :)






The storm came over us and went east and this was the view.


On our way to the MTC


KC resembles grandpa Roose in many ways, and I know KC will miss our good ole' gramps while he is away.

Our family minus our brother who had to work


I'll miss you, buddy!



1 comment:

  1. He's so groen up! He will be a fantastic missionary because he comes from such a wonderful family. :)

    ReplyDelete