Tuesday, July 30, 2013

LIEBSTER!





I  really enjoy getting to know my friends even better through their blogs. I also have strengthened relationships through blogging and sharing my thoughts with others. My friend, Jenaya Berrett, tagged me in the Liebster challenge. Here's how it works: You answer the 11 questions your friend who has tagged you has for you, you write 11 different facts about yourself, and then you tag 5-11 other friends (with 200 or less blog followers) to answer 11 questions you have for them! This will be a long and fun blog post. :)


1. What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
It is hard to think of one distinct accomplishment, but I have a couple that have come to my mind. The most important accomplishment to date has been that of marrying my husband for Eternity in the Temple. The Temple is not an easy pursuit. There are a lot of things that can pull you away from the Temple. I am glad that I made it, with the help of great parents and wonderful leaders who inspired me along the way (including Jenaya's dad who was my Bishop when I was a Young Woman). Secondly, graduating college Magna Cum Laude. I am not one who is naturally smart and good with testing without effort and studying. I don't like a lot of pressure, and with that comes a fear of tests. I had to study and apply myself more than I ever had before. I learned to push through concepts that were challenging and I learned to study in the way that would benefit me (regardless of friends who thought I was taking too much time studying). Thirdly, I developed my talent in dance enough to tour with an amazing group of dancers to Europe. I did this during the 2010-2011 summers. It changed my life and perspective in many ways. I became ever more grateful for the life I have been given. I also grew to love friends from across the world!

2. Gold or Silver?
Definitely silver! Certain medals compliment certain people. I have never felt comfortable in gold, and so I stick with silver. :)

3. Who do you most look up to and why?
There are countless people I look up to, but I am going to keep it truthful and say that I look up to my parents the most. I know what challenges they have overcome. I know their weaknesses. I know their strengths. I know their sacrifices. I know their tears. I know their triumphs. I know their joys. Most importantly, I know what they have sacrificed for me. This is enough for me to say that that is why I look up to them more than anyone else.

4. What fun summer reads should we all be enjoying?
I am not one who gets in to too much fiction (boring, I know!). I love history too much! I am slowly branching out. I am reading a Western Novel called Angle of Repose. I have not gotten too far, but I love the imagery that has come to me so far as I have read about settling the West, giving up dreams for more important pursuits, and learning to get along in marriage.  All of these topics come up in this book. Next on my list is the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear. I have been told that it is an excellent read for those who like the historical backdrop in stories. Maisie Dobbs becomes a private investigator during WWI.

5. What food or drink can you not live without?
Well, this changes all the time for me. I get really tired of the same foods. I like variety and I don't like to eat the same thing I ate the night before- not the biggest fan of left overs. Currently, I am loving fruit salad and smoothies. I love fruit! I don't like eating spinach, so I like to add it to smoothies. I make one smoothy that I love. It is made with a banana, strawberries, spinach, almond milk, and a little bit of honey. It might sound gross, but it is refreshing and yummy! I also like to make fruit salad with canned coconut milk and some honey (I would like to say that it is healthier than whipped topping).

6. Do you set yearly goals? If so, what is one of them you are hoping to accomplish before the year is up?
I have one goal. I have been seeking to know what I should further my education in. I would like to know what to pursue by the end of the year. My undergraduate degree is in Family, Consumer, and Human Development. I loved learning about development and other topics that relate to family life. This field can take you in a lot of directions. However, the pay isn't too great! That's the downside. I also want to go with something more specific but related to my field. I am looking at something having to do with special needs. I might pursue speech therapy. But starting at square one with this question, my goal is to figure it out and start in a program by next August.

7. Favorite obscure Youtube videos?
Oh, do I have some favorites, all shared to me by others! One is called Live While We're Young (put together by a dancer in Clog America, Jennifer Garard). Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPANSq2xkEY. I love this because I know so many of the people in the video. They are fellow Clog Americans! This group is a group of dancers who travel to different festivals worldwide each year. Many of the dancers are also BYU folk dancers. These videos capture the beautiful kids in the different places around the world. I didn't go this summer (as I am married and on to different things in life)! They went to Haiti. I also love any Studio C video (look up 'Flirting Academy'). If you want to feel good about your exercise routines, also look up 'Prancercise.'

8. If you could have one super power what would it be and why?
I would read others' thoughts. I would like to understand people better and I think it could most easily be done by understanding their thoughts (not just by THINKING you get what others are thinking).

9. What is your guilty pleasure?
One word.... BLOGGING!

10. Name some pet peeves that drive you crazy?
I wish this weren't the case, but I do not like loud chewing from myself or others. If I hear myself chewing, it bothers me. If I hear others chomping away, it bugs me too!

11. Where is the one place you feel most content?
I would say being outside. I love nature and I love fresh air. I love feeling free and in open space.  Not many things feel much better than a run or walk outside.

Random Facts about me:
1. I cracked my head open at the age of 3 and had to have stitches.
2. I once tried a backflip on a trampoline... I haven't since tried do to landing on my head and scaring myself out of it.
3. I consider a lot of people "best friends." Three of my friends that I still talk to today I have known since I was 3 or 4 years old.
4. I am afraid of spiders and killed one for the first time in a few years just the other day! It felt empowering. Is that a bad thing?
5. I knew that I wanted to marry my husband after our second date (which was bowling and eating at Costa Vida). He felt otherwise and it was through an honest email from myself that he decided to go on a third date. Phewwww....
6. I have been in a car fire at the age of 12. My mom had a really old car. We were driving back from a cabin trip with some friends. My dad got the impression to stop his truck. My mom was behind him and decided to stop also. My dad saw smoke rolling from the engine. This wasn't visible to my mom. He popped the hood and an enormous fire was going. We all got out safely. I believe this was somewhat traumatic to both of my sisters, but I know it was for me!
7. All four of my grandparents are living and I love to talk to them. I skype with my grandma weekly.
8. I don't watch tv because I don't pay for channels. Call me crazy, but I love it!
9. My dream is to one day visit Italy and Germany.
10. I had detention on multiple occasions in elementary school. This is hard for some to believe. But those who know me really well know that I have that streak that sometimes gets me in trouble.
11. My nick name is "Bunnion Bob."

These are the people I tag for the Liebster Challenge:
Jenna Browning
Elise Frederickson 
Erica Burgin

Aleisha Wright



*Sorry I am breaking the rules here, but I don't follow too many blogs and I don't have time to figure out who else to tag. :)

Here are my 11 questions for you

1. How many times have you moved in your life, and do you see moving as an adventure or set back?
2. Are you an introvert or extravert?
3. What is your all time favorite recipe right now? Do you even like to cook?
4. What is one song that inspires you and why?
5. What is an accomplishment in your life that you see as a success?
6.  Where is your retirement dream place?
7. If you could do one heroic thing for others, what would it be?
8. What word of advice do you have for people 5 years younger than you?
9. What is one thing you want to accomplish in 5 years?
10. How do you define 'friend'?
11. One creative thing you have done to spice up an apartment or home?

If you don't want to do this, feel free to skip it! but I'd love to hear from you! :)




2 comments:

  1. P.S. To those I tagged, I don't know how many followers you have! This is JUST for fun, so I am not putting that much into it! If you have lots of followers, good! You might get a few more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm so happy you did this and that I was able to learn more about you too!! :) I love hearing the sweet things you mentioned about your parents being the ones you look up to most. They are great people! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete