Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Indiana.... who lives there? We do!

Well, Lee and I have had some major exciting events take place, but things are great and we are happy to be done with another move. Lee was in a rotational program with his company that was a five month training. After, we were to find out where we were being placed. He was training to be a Bulk Driver Business Leader (basically, a manager over some of the drivers). We had six locations of possible places where we could be placed. Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Texas, Indiana (Gary), New Jersey, or Georgia. Lee kept seeing positions in these locations fill up, but didn't think much of it.

Lee was done with his training and really excited to have a meeting with the lady over him. She was so excited to inform him that we would be staying in Green Bay.... with one switch-up on Lee's behalf. Lee would become a manager to the support shift team instead of being a DBL, which he was training for in the first place. Lee was confused and disappointed. I was flat out irate! I couldn't believe they would put him through all of the training and send him to various locations to train and then place him in a vacant slot as an easier solution. We wondered if this was an indication that maybe we needed to stay in Green Bay, for whatever reason. Lee would have had to work 3-11 pm and I would have had to find a work schedule similar to his. We really didn't want that lifestyle if we could help it.

We prayed and waited and then the lady over Lee informed him of one other place he could go. He could still be a DBL but would have to change divisions. He was over bulk drivers, but would be over vans (regular semis  you think of) instead. There was a manager in Indianapolis looking for a DBL and he needed one as soon as possible. We had to make a very FAST decision but felt that it was the better of the two for us.

Lee's new manager arranged for us to come down and apartment hunt. It was nerve racking, exciting, exhausting, fun, and a big adventure all at once. Driving through Chicago is not one of those "adventures" hope to have again! It's crazy trying to get through there! We went to Lee's office to get a glimpse of where he'd be working. We ate out more than we would ever hope to again! I lost my purse and had to retrieve it! While in Indiana, I fell in the love with the trees and how green everything is here. I felt like it was a good place with good things for us to do and see.

So, we went back to Green Bay on Wednesday and spent the rest of the week packing. We had some help with loading a Uhaul and we were off the next Tuesday morning. It felt like one big whirlwind! We left some really good friends behind, and hope to stay in touch!

After talking with our new Bishop, we feel that we are not here by accident, but rather by design. Life is full of those times, isn't it? We're so grateful to have been led here and hope to be put to work fast. I have found it a blessing to be in a place where countless non-profit organizations exist. I am applying for jobs, and have found some great opportunities... with the help of neighbors and other people we have met!

Where Lee is working now! I love his face... Perhaps he was thinking, "Bring it on!" :)

I will miss this roomier kitchen in our last apartment with everything so new! 

The packing had begun! I also loved our fireplace. 



This is how we slept the last night before our move. Living room sleepover, oh yeah!


We will survive!
We made it to Fishers, Indiana and had fun playing at this old train stop!

You can call me a clean freak, but this isn't fun to find when you first move in! I will never leave a place like this for someone else!!!!!

New kitchen!


Lee built our little bookshelves and had fun doing it. We think it completes the place better.

The cute entrance to our apartment.

The view of the kitchen from our living room.




1 comment: