Lee had a month long work training in Gary, Indiana. We always think of the Music Man and the song 'Gary Indiana' when we talk about it. Sadly, it is not the happy place that the song portrays it to be. While he was doing his training, I spent time in Farmington Hills, Michigan. My sister and her family live there. I met my new nephew just three days after his birth. I loved helping with his baths and smelling the smell of a clean and fresh baby. He is a cuddle bug and LOVES to be held! Some babies are alright to be put in a seat and just rock for a few minutes. Not him! He likes you to stand and bounce him, and he knows when you've stopped.
My parents and sister, Jamie, came to visit the new addition to the family. We had a great week together! We had great late night conversations and went to the Detroit LDS Temple together. We were so sad to see our mom and dad go back to Utah. My mom's hands shake quite a bit, but she was able to make a poncho and some baby shoes while on the trip. I saw this as a miracle and tender mercy for her because it is often hard for her to work with her hands.
Here are a few pictures of our trips to Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois... Oh, and North Dakota for Lee! Lee had a ride-along where he went with a bulk truck driver on a route. He had a good time but said he is fine to not ever do it again. :)
 |
| I loved being with this little joy, even if she did tell me to "be quiet" every once in a while. |
 |
| My new nephew! |
 |
| I went to visit my dad's cousin who has now passed from cancer. We saw many loved ones, and we visited the graves of some ancestors. I am grateful to be named after this sweet lady. My middle name is Christine. I want my children to be named after someone special so they can know they must live up to their legacy. It is a great strength to be named after someone. |
 |
| My great-great grandparents |
 |
| This is the little town where my grandpa grew up. I love the long country roads and the small town feel. My grandpa has told us many stories of growing up in Ohio and walking a long way carrying groceries for his mom. |
 |
| We went to this beautiful House of the Lord in Detroit, Michigan. |
 |
| A new tradition that Lee and I have is to take a picture at every new Temple we visit. |
 |
| Having fun with grandpa Roose |
 |
| This picture is very tender because I can see that my dad is tearful as he meets and holds his grandson. My dad has a great love for his family and it shows in this picture. |
 |
| Holocaust Museum in Farmington Hills, Michigan |
 |
| Lee on his ride-along to North Dakota. |
 |
| The truck he went in. He is a Driver Manager for men who drive these trucks, the bulk trucks. |
 |
| Chicago, IL LDS Temple |
 |
| One of the many pictures that you will see with Lee's arm extended to get us both in the shot. We have great photography skills! :) |
|
|
|
(visit this website to learn about why we attend the Temple or House of the Lord)
Great post Sarah I love seeing photo's of what you 2 have been up to! Love you :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sarah. We are finally back home and I am excited to call and talk to you soon. We need to catch up. Love you too!
Delete