We just celebrated our 1st engagement anniversary. It was quite exciting to think that that day the year previous we were just starting out. To celebrate, we went to a place called Conner Prairie here in Indiana to go through a Civil War Journey. It was neat to view some of the old homes of past statesman and leaders from Indiana. We learned of General Morgan, a confederate soldier, who invaded Indiana during the Civil War. We got to see a battle reenactment and watch the Union Army cause the Confederate army to retreat into the trees. We heard canons and saw the rings of smoke. They even had men carry the wounded off of the field back to get aide. It was all really well done. Now I want to read some of Foote's writings about the Civil War. If anyone has recommendations, I would love to learn of different books you have read. Everyone was in character as we walked through their town. We even sang the Battle Hymn of the Republic in one of the houses and listened to the reading of the Emancipation Proclamation. I loved it all... history coming to life!
I have never had an experience where I have gotten queasy or sick over a doctor or hospital. Well, I got sick as a man demonstrated how he would embalm a body of those lost in the war. All he was doing was showing us old medical tools and chemicals used. I had to leave in the middle. He noticed I was getting a little pale because he drew all attention (of everyone else who was watching him) to me and asked me if I was okay. That embarrasses me beyond anything else, so after that I knew it was best to leave. We laughed that I got so sick over it... I really thought he was going to cut into an artery or something!
I wanted to share some photos that we took for our Honeymoon in the Bahamas. It is weird to think we almost have one year of marriage behind us. We have moved two times and Lee has started work. One thing we have loved is spending time outside here. It is very green and I could spend all day out smelling the fresh scent from all of the trees. There is a trail that we walk (Monon Trail), bike, and run on. Lining it, there are so many trees. It feels so breath taking to be in them and to smell the freshness and breathe that instead of car exhaust. It has been something we've really enjoyed.
Well, anyway, enjoy the pictures!!!!
 |
| Next to our cruise ship! |
 |
| We should have imitated the flamingo! |
 |
| I was SUPER excited to stand on this dock in the middle of the ocean before parasailing. |
 |
| One fun thing to do! |
 |
| I have never seen Lee as excited to shop as he was when we went to a Bazaar! He bought a puffer fish. Since then, shopping just hasn't been the same. |
 |
| Snorkeling was very fun too! |
 |
| The food is the best! I usually ordered 2 extra plates and gave them to Lee! He LOVED the all you can eat food! |
Wow!! The Bahamas look like so much fun! You two are the cutest!! Congrats on almost having a year behind you. Time flies when you're having fun, right?! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo true! I can't believe how fast it goes... sometimes I really wish it would slow down! Thanks for your comment. It is fun to blog and keep in touch through blogging. Happy anniversary to you and Jon!
Delete