Wednesday, November 11, 2015

I am back to writing- this time with a mission

To whomever is reading this post, I hope you will share it with someone in need. I have always had a dream. It is a simple dream; I have always wanted to write. In fact, I've always written. I have spent years, since the 1st grade, writing in journals. My 1st grade teacher, Miss Chase, instilled in me a love for journal writing. We wrote for our writing assignment everyday on large lined paper in white notebooks. The notebook became 'colorful' to me as  I wrote the details of my life in those little white books. I still have these journals today, and I love seeing that the little girl I was is still inside me today. Many of her feelings, dreams, and desires are the same. They are much clearer now.

Journaling is therapeutic for me, and helps me to keep things in proper perspective. Journaling has also helped me to see God's hand in my life following my experiences, even though I didn't see it during those times I felt I needed His hand the most. His guidance has been with me all along, and the journals I have kept have unfolded before my eyes that tapestry of tender mercies from Heavenly Father to me.

Lately, I have been pondering the dream I have had to write. I have even attended some authors' groups in search for answers. At the end of this post, look for a link to an authors group organization. I am so grateful to have found it. One thing has been missing, and I am feeling the void. I have always written for myself and to myself. How can I truly impact others for good if I do not share these thoughts with others? Those things I have previously written on this blog have not been honest enough to truly help someone in need. Sure, it's made my life appear kind of fun and it has given you a brief description of what I have been doing. That is not enough!

It is my desire that my writings will bring my readers closer to God and plant within each of them more hope and more belief in themselves to fulfill whatever it is that God wants them to accomplish. I know He has a perfect plan for each one of us! I write to the new mother who feels inadequate to raise her child (children). I write to the person struggling through an addiction, perhaps a social media addiction because they are lonely. I write to the person who struggles with obsessive compulsive disorder. I write to the person who has felt unworthy for most of their life, with no explanation of a reason that would deem them unworthy. I write to these people because these are the people I understand. These traits are ME! It is scary to put this out in the open for people to see and wonder why I am this way. My answer- I don't know all of the reasons why. I have asked the "why question" millions of times. I just know that God loves me with a perfect love and will help me where I am now. His Son, Jesus Christ, is my Savior. He is the source of my strength each day and He is the one who lifts me up out of my slumber and helps me to live a wholesome and productive life.

I will be sharing tender thoughts with the hopes that this will inspire someone to overcome their own obstacles, weaknesses, and challenges. We all have them.

I will leave this post with one final thought. I was driving with my sweet daughter in the backseat. I tilted my rear view mirror down to get a glimpse of her. She was breathtakingly beautiful as she gazed silently out the window with her big blue eyes. My thoughts; "Daughter, I wonder what you have in store? I wonder what God has made you to accomplish? I wonder what you feel and are thinking as you look out to the big open world?"

I know that that love that permeated my whole being for this sweet spirit I call my daughter is the same love that Heavenly Father feels for each of us. He doesn't look at us with discust when we are fighting our silent battles, or staring out into blank space. He wraps us in the arms of His love. What will you do to feel His love more today?




2 comments:

  1. Writing then sharing your feelings or testimonies will help more people than than you will know on Earth. Do not stop sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing then sharing your feelings or testimonies will help more people than than you will know on Earth. Do not stop sharing.

    ReplyDelete