Saturday, March 1, 2014

Baby talk and a blog update (cause time goes too fast)

Wow! Is it really March 1st already?! Holy smokes, this year is flying! We (Lee and myself) are truly feeling blessed and taken care of each day. I feel so grateful for the blessings that we have. It is so easy to see the chips in the glass, the rain on the window, or whatever metaphor you wish to use, instead of seeing past that to the light which illuminates us all. Some of the things that I struggle with can be constant worry (I am a worrier as much as I HATE to admit it), maintaining a desire to cook when I feel like my options are so limited, not getting out of student loan debt fast enough, going to doctors much more than I ever wanted to in life.... The reason I list a few of these challenges is because I think it is important for friends who read your blog to know that you don't have a picture perfect life either. It's easy in social media to hide the bad stuff. That's fine because no one wants to read about all of your life's problems or read about your dirty laundry. It can be bad when others compare and think that their life is not as good as your life. I've talked with a friend about this and it made me realize that being honest about life cannot hurt. I think it helps your friends/family to know that you feel the same way they do, and is a great relief for others who find it challenging to get through similar things day-to-day. So there you go! I hope you know I struggle everyday with some things, too, but I also am very blessed and try to count those blessings.

Lee continues to really thrive at his job. He just had a meeting with his boss after his first year anniversary at Schneider. He gets bored on slow days, but mostly finds himself busy helping drivers solve problems and schedule other pick up or drop off loads. He has had the experience of firing someone and does not find that as the most positive thing in his position.

Besides the great work that he does, he serves in the Young Men's program in our ward and enjoys helping the Deacons and teaching them lessons on some of the Sundays. He wants to find time for other things, but it's a balancing act when work takes up lots of time.  I take up a lot of his time too, with being pregnant and wanting lots of back rubs! He enjoys playing board games and reading with his extra time. He is also becoming a good piano player. He's getting really good, and sadly, is more dedicated with practicing than I am. Hence the reason I choose to do physical activities. I have always been a person on the go and ready to move, so dancing, running, and physical games are the thing for me! I am trying to be persistent and get better with piano, but I will most likely never be the dream player I wish came more easily. You have to put the time in if you want to reap the talent! Darn. I hate that rule.

Okay, ready for the baby talk! Lee and I are taking a Bradley Birthing class. I think this class is so informative and so worth taking no matter which way you end up birthing your baby. The goal of the Bradley method is to prep you for an non-medicated childbirth (which is healthier for baby and mom in most cases... not all cases) and you learn a lot of relaxation techniques, nutritional information, prepping exercises, etc. I can't guarantee how my first birthing experience will go, but I can say that this class is beneficial and very fun for Lee and I to bond. It has helped me immensely to see that Lee will be able to know my needs and help me. As he has practiced encouraging me and helping me relax, I am realizing more and more how much power he will have in helping me during the birth.

I am almost 18 weeks along. The time really is going too fast. I have felt some little flutters that I have thought are the baby's movements, but have not felt a distinct "for-sure movement". I can't wait for that! We found out on Monday, the 17th of February, that we are having a little girl. I was surprised because I had had two or more dreams about a little boy. I also had siblings who agreed and thought the baby was a boy. Lee was very happy as all of his dreams of having a little girl will come true. When we were dating, he told me that he couldn't wait to see that little girl with a pony tail or pig tails looking through the window waiting for him to come home from work! He pulled my heart strings with that imagery!

We have been slowly collecting a few things, mostly some clothes that were on clearance. We also got a pack n' play with a bassinet and changing table included. We thought this would be easiest and take up the least amount of space for our one bedroom little apartment.

It's been a whole lot of fun prepping for the baby. We both have felt this winter has been way too long, as everyone in the eastern US agrees! We just had most of our snow washed away by some rain and high temps, but we are expecting another large storm this weekend. One of these days we'll be out basking in the sun!

Other than that, we're prepping for Girl's Camp fun and family reunions later this summer. I am a not- so-prepared camp director, but I am excited to have fun with the girls in our ward and help make it a fun experience for them.


For my friends in Utah who don't see me, I will post some pics of me as a -not-so-pregnant-pregnant person. I haven't been growing too fast, but I can tell the difference and I am sure one day I will wake up and realize that I have been growing more than I realized!

Here are the pictures! Enjoy!


It looks like we are going to have a little girl who likes to suck her thumb



Here is a taste of what we have "enjoyed" this winter

One tradition we have is seeing awesome ice sculptures each winter. We have gone to do this in Indiana and Wisconsin.

My husband showing off his awesome work shirt, and his handsome face of course!

14 weeks along

17 weeks along



4 comments:

  1. Yay! Parker and I did a bradley class (well, a crash course in a couple of hours...) and I think that was the real turning point for me that gave me hope that I could do an unmedicated birth. I loved the Bradley class! It really helps teach the dad how to get involved and help throughout the labor so that they don't feel so helpless. I think Parker worked just as hard as I did. (ok maybe not quite as much... but he still worked really hard in giving me counter pressure and such) Anyways, you'll have to let me know how you like it :) Also, I don't think i finally started looking pregnant until around 24 weeks. So you're not alone! I always just felt like i looked... thick, or like i'd had a good meal. lol Anyways, glad all is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool you did Bradley too! I would seriously love instructing Bradley courses one day! I am loving the information. That's awesome that you had a natural childbirth. I really want that for myself and the baby, so I am taking the exercises and info seriously! :-) I am glad I am not tyke only one who just looked thick and not pregnant. It is so weird to have a changing body, and I don't like being stopped from doing the usual activities I like, but it is all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so tiny Sarah lol! Glad you posted that so we can see :) Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working towards being a birth instructor -- haven't decided if I'll do bradley or something more general. I love it when I get to full belly stage, which is usually around 28-30 weeks. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete